Cloud DevOps Engineer
We are the good guys. Every year billions of dollars are laundered internationally, supporting drug trafficking, smuggling, fraud, extortion and corruption, enabling organized crime to continue their criminal activities. CaseWare RCM, a division of CaseWare International Inc. (www.caseware.com), is one of the fastest-growing companies creating advanced and comprehensive solutions (Alessa) to combat theft, money laundering, bribery and many other forms of financial crime.
Located in downtown Toronto and Ottawa, CaseWare RCM is in the midst of significant growth, and we are currently seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer.
About the role
We are looking for an energetic Cloud DevOps Engineer who is ready to take charge of planning the operations and technical requirements of cloud environments for our new and growing customers and then do what it takes to implement and maintain this infrastructure. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our customers are delighted with the reliability of the cloud services we offer by creating and maintaining system availability targets.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with Development, Test, and other functional departments to improve our pipelines and processes that streamline the software development lifecycle
- Promote and ensure system scalability, reliability, security, and efficiency through automation and DevOps tools
- Develop and test internal applications/scripts to manage on-premise and cloud infrastructure
- Ensure security, compliance, operational resilience, stability and scalability of Machine Learning and Data systems
- Provide methods and practice leadership to engineering teams to improve development agility, security profile and operational resilience of data applications
What you need to have:
- Computer Science/Engineering degree or equivalent
- 2+ years deploying and using change management, release management and CI/CD tools and processes (GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, Terraform)
- 2+ years of experience with Configuration Management Systems
- 2+ years configuring and deploying serverless and containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes)
- 3+ years of scripting experience with Python (must), Bash, Powershell, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with implementing, configuring, deploying, monitoring and ensuring the reliability of applications in a cloud environment
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in both Linux and Windows environments
- General knowledge in networking, firewall, load balancing, and common cybersecurity elements
- Knowledge or some experience managing BigData applications handling streaming data at scale (Hadoop, MongoDB )
- Experience with some or all of the following an advantage: ElasticSearch, Kibana, IIS, Tomcat, Apache.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We offer a very competitive base salary and uncapped commissions. We also encourage candor, collaboration and possibility thinking. To give you an idea of what we mean, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- Ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities