Please fill out the following form to access your webinar:
Sanctions risk – What’s the problem?
Sanctions risk screening and compliance is complicated and can be open to interpretation, leading financial institutions to unwittingly–or even unknowingly–put their AML compliance programs at risk by completing transactions that regulators may deem illicit or illegitimate.
In this webinar, our experts discuss why sanctions are imposed, breaking the topic down granularly to help financial institutions and other organizations understand their areas of risk while also having a firm grasp on relevant international legal requirements and established conventions. Topics covered include:
- The character and effectiveness of sanctions regimes
- How to understand evasion and loopholes
- How to implement a comprehensive sanctions risk-based approach
- How to identify the culprits
- Third parties and proxies
- Threats to the effectiveness of future regimes